I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had gone to get my makeup done on my due date. Over the years, I’ve gone to see the same guy at the Trish McEvoy counter at Nordstrom when I need a little makeup pick-me-up.
Side note: it’s funny because it’s been the same guy who’s done my makeup at the Trish counter… no matter what Nordstrom I’ve lived near. He happened to be at the Norfolk Nordstrom when I was in college, then he was at the Richmond Nordstrom when I lived in Richmond… and now he’s based here in Durham. So weird! Anyway, I digress.
While I’m not a “makeup guru” or “beauty expert” by nature, I do love to play with it every now and then. And while I love a lot of drugstore brands (as does my wallet), I have found that investing in a few higher-end brands and products can really do a lot for your makeup stash. It’s kinda of like investing in quality pieces for your wardrobe… a similar thought process.
I have loved and used Trish McEvoy* products for YEARS. While her products are always super high quality, well pigmented, and last for a long time, I mainly love them because they don’t make me breakout or make my skin react at all. I have pretty sensitive skin and I am allergic to a lot of ingredients in many makeup brands. Well, Trish McEvoy herself happens to be married to a dermatologist, so her makeup is made with skin sensitivity in mind.
When I was getting my makeup done a few weeks ago, my makeup artist happened to use a new Trish lip product on me and I immediately fell in LOVE with it. And, while it may or may not have been a bit of a due-date impulse buy, I am SO glad I got it. It’s really made me feel put together on days when I may or may not have showered or been able to wash my hair since having Lilly.
It goes on like a lipstick, but has the shimmer of a lip gloss. Right now it comes in two colors, the Gorgeous Pink that I’m wearing in the picture above and also Gorgeous Coral. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Yes, I will admit it is on the pricey side ($28… eek!) but I have used Trish lip balms and lip crayons for years and they last for a LONG time. So, while $28 up front is a lot, it really does go a long way.
What makeup products are YOU loving lately? Do you have any makeup brands or products that you like to invest in? I’d love to know your favorites! I’m always wanting to try new things!
*This post isn’t sponsored or anything. I genuinely love Trish McEvoy… Trish has no idea who I am.Happy Funday Monday! Each week, Carly & I select a few of our favorite posts from the Monday before to feature. It’s a great way to put the spotlight on a few of y’all each week! Please be sure to link up an ACTUAL post, not just a link to your main page.
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly], Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons, and your guest hosts for the week Messy Dirty Hair and With Luck Blog.
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #fundaymonday-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #fundaymonday!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #fundaymonday comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause it’s Monday!
Want to co-host #Fundaymonday? We are currently accepting weekly co-hosts. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!