I’ve never made shrimp and grits before but always wanted to try it. It’s one of my favorite “Southern cookin'”-type meals, and frankly, I’m surprised I’d never attempted it at home before.
Also, since time is of the essence these days, I needed an easy recipe. So I scoured the interwebs and found a couple recipes that sounded good and this is what came out. From start to finish (meaning ingredients out to food on the table), this meal LITERALLY took 15 minutes to make. Plus, I made it while I had Lilly in the Moby wrap. Talk about multi-tasking.
- 1/2 cup of instant grits (uncooked)
- 14 oz of chicken broth
- 2 oz of water
- Salt (for the grits)
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used a mixed cheese blend of Monterrey jack, cheddar, etc.)
- 2 oz of cream cheese
- 2 tbs of Olive Oil
- 1 tbs of butter
- 1 pound of cooked, tail-off shrimp
- Garlic (to taste)
- Basil (to taste)
- Paprika (to taste)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
In a pot, cook the grits with the chicken broth, water, and salt according to the directions on the package, stirring occasionally. Once the grits are mostly cooked, stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheese.
In a separate skillet, cook the shrimp in the olive oil, butter garlic, basil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Once the shrimp is done and the grits are done, add a little bit of the juices from the shrimp skillet into the grits. Mix the grits and juices together.
Then, when you’re ready to eat, scoop the grits in a bowl and top with shrimp.
Voila! You’re done. SO quick and easy!
Have you ever made shrimp and grits? Will you try this recipe? Do you have a favorite recipe?
Happy Funday Monday! Each week, Carly & I select a few of our favorite posts from the Monday before to feature. It’s a great way to put the spotlight on a few of y’all each week! Please be sure to link up an ACTUAL post, not just a link to your main page.
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly], Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons, and your guest hosts for the week Lauren from Fizz and Frosting, and Stesha from Classic and Bubbly
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #fundaymonday-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #fundaymonday!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #fundaymonday comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause it’s Monday!