I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #SayCheeseburger #CollectiveBias
I have mentioned a time or two that EVERY Sunday, John and I have “Burger Sunday.” It’s our thing. We come home from church, feed Lilly, put her down for nap, and fire up the grill. Sometimes we may have to move it to Saturday and make it burger Saturday (if we have something going on after church)… but we try and make it a priority. Burger Sunday (or Saturday) is a time for us to come together, eat delicious burgers, and just catch up. We LOVE it!
Well, since we eat cheeseburgers every weekend, we try and switch up our burger recipe to keep ourselves guessing and so that we aren’t just eating the same old cheeseburger every time… not that there’s anything wrong with that.
But anyway, I like to SPICE up my burgers (literally) and so this is the recipe I keep going back to.
I always hit up Walmart to get all the necessary burger accoutrements because it has every ingredient that we need!
- Jalapeño Burgers (we use the Walmart brand (Sam’s Choice) jalapeño frozen burgers… these are, surprisingly, our favorite burgers to use! They are REALLY delicious. You could use any burgers and stuff them with jalapeños OR you could just use plain burgers… totally up to you as to how spicy you want it!)
- Kraft Chipotle Mayo
- Kraft Naturals Big Slice Cheese in the “Jalapeño” flavor (this ingredient is KEY for this burger!)
- Pickled jalapeños (you could use fresh, but I actually prefer pickled for this recipe)
- Salsa of your choice (I use my salsa that I make from this recipe… it’s my absolute FAVORITE)
- OPTIONAL: French fries, Kraft Shredded Cheese and Kraft Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (for dipping!) – I ALWAYS make cheese fries to go with my cheeseburger. Because I’m obsessed.
Now’s the time to fire up the grill.
While I do 99% of the cooking in our house, the grill is John’s domain. He is the grill master. I got him the grill for Christmas two years ago and ever since, grilling has been his thing. So, I let him take care of that part.
The key is to take your jalapeño burger and coat it in salsa before putting it on the grill. John takes the salsa and, with a spoon, spreads an even layer all over both sides of the burger.
Meanwhile, I’m inside working on the fries and prepping the buns. I spread a thin coat of Kraft Chipotle Mayo (MY FAVORITE – I seriously put this stuff on everything) on each side of the bun and then put then in the toaster oven and broil them to get them nice and warm. You don’t want to TOAST them because then they will be super crunchy and hard and not as good. Broiling really works best.
The burgers are looking good…
Not mandatory, but pushing a cute baby on a swing makes burgers even sweeter. Lilly happened to not be napping during this particular burger fest.
Then, once the burgers are good and cooked, add your Kraft Naturals BIG SLICE Jalapeño cheese to the burger while it is on the grill. Get the cheese all delicious and melty. I LOVE the Big Slice Jalapeño cheese not only because it’s DELICIOUS and has the perfect amount of kick to it, but also because it’s a HUGE slice of cheese and so every inch of the burger is covered. Mmmmm.
Then add your toppings.
Here’s what I put on my burger (obviously in reverse order… if that makes sense):
- Salsa (about 1-2 spoonful(s))
- Pickled jalapeños
Add your side of cheese fries (if you so wish) with Kraft buttermilk ranch dressing for dipping. And BOOM. It’s burger time!
Yes. My mouth is watering just looking at it!
Best. Burger. Ever.
So tell me, are you a cheeseburger fan like me? Will you try this cheeseburger recipe? Do you have any weekly traditions? Share your thoughts in the comments!