When I started making a lot of my own products, body wash was one of the products I was oddly afraid of trying out for myself. No idea why… but I was hesitant to make it. Well, about six months ago I made my first batch and I LOVED it. Plus, I saw how EASY it was. I also love that I can switch up the scents with different essential oil combinations.
I have tried a few different combinations, and this one that I made this time might be my favorite ever!
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup… depending on your container – Liquid Castile Soap
- 1 tablespoon – Vitamin E Oil
- 1 tablespoon – Vegetable Glycerin
- 20 drops of your choice of Essential Oils (I used 10 drops of Abundance and 10 drops of Lavender) – I get my essential oils here.
Fill your chosen container a little less than halfway full of castile soap. I used an old Bath & Body Works body wash container and filled mine up about 1/3rd of the way.
Then, pour in about 1 tablespoon of Vitamin E oil. This helps to make the body wash moisturizing!
Then, add in about a tablespoon of Vegetable Glycerin. This helps the body wash to thicken and it helps bind it all together. Add more vegetable glycerin if you want it to be thicker.
Next, add in your desired essential oils. I used Abundance and Lavender because I LOVE the way they smell and lavender is extremely supportive of healthy skin.
Finally, fill the rest of the container up with water. Close your container and shake!
Voila! All done! I use this body wash on a loofah in the shower and it lathers up great. It is watery, less thick than normal body washes, but you don’t have to use that much. One container lasts me about 1.5 – 2 months.
And, because of the amount of each thing you’re using (castile soap, vitamin e oil, vegetable glycerin, and oils), it ends up only being a little less than $2 a batch! WAY cheaper than what you get at the store! It also takes less than a minute to make! So easy!
What about you? Have you made your own body wash before? Will you try this out?
HUGE discount on the Premium Starter Kit right now – I wanted to tell you guys!! Right now, the new premium starter kit from Young Living is $10 off for new members!!! SO exciting! This is in addition to the promos I’m running right now… If you’re ready to get started on your essential oil journey THIS month, check out what the deal is… seriously. This is awesome.
Get started this JULY with a Premium Starter Kit and improve your overall health and wellness! Now is the time to get your family healthy and start getting RID of toxins in your HOME!!
Here is the DEAL!
- You get a lifetime wholesale membership and discount of 24%!! (Plus, it’s $10 off right now!!!)
- You get 11 oils
- You will receive the coveted and amazing dewdrop diffuser (or you can select another diffuser of your choice)
- I will give you resource materials worth over $20 to help you learn more about using your oils and other wonderful oily resources!
- I will GIVE you a $20 AMAZON.Com gift card to get you started on oily accessories!
- You will have ALL the support of our awesome team!!
Get started TODAY! http://bit.ly/mollyyleo