- Concert Graphic Tee: Dave Matthews Band Show (Charlotte, 2012)
- Yellow Tank: Wal-mart ($4)
- Shorts: JCrew 5″ Chino in Shadow
- Necklace: Walmart (clearance jewelry section!)
- Sunnies: Dollar Store (heck. yes. i always lose or break my sunglasses so i refuse to pay more than $3 for a pair)
- Flip Flops: Black Rainbows (really old)
You guys, it’s been a GREAT week.
First, a note about today’s CASUAL Saturday fashion statement: When I go to a concert and I always want to get a shirt. But I guess about 6 or 7 years ago, I stopped getting concert shirts. Why? Cause they’re crazy expensive and I NEVER wore them. Never. I would get a cool concert tee and then NEVER wear it. That’s a waste of money in my book.
Now, I’ve been to a BUNCH of Dave shows and never gotten a concert tee. I knew that I wanted to get one this time, but I wanted to be strategic. I wanted to get a concert tee I would ACTUALLY wear. So I stood in line at the merch booth and BAM I laid my eyes on this graphic long-sleeve, slouchy tee and knew that was it.
Sure, it doesn’t have the tour dates on the back. OH WELL. I will wear this one. It’s SO comfortable and I love it. But it’s actually a fun, fashionable, meaningful concert tee I will wear. So, while running errands, I wanted to be comfy, so I paired it with my favorite chino shorts, yellow tank (you know, to pull out the yellow in the bird on the tee), and my favorite pair of rainbows. Add a fun necklace and you’re good to go for Saturday or weekend errands.
I almost feel hipster-y. OHNOES. Oh well. I’m okay with it, I think.
What do you think? Do you get t-shirts at concerts? How many concert tees do you have that you never wear?
Now on to Molly’s Top 5 Reads this Week:
- My homegirl, Katie Nesbitt, of Katie Nesbitt Photography announced this week she’s going FULL TIME in June! I am so happy to see her pursuing her love of photography full time. That’s awesome. If you live in the Newport News, VA / Hampton Roads area, you gotta check her out! She posted this AMAZING and SUPER FUN engagement session at BUSCH GARDENS this week. I love, love, loved it! LINK.
- Katie, over at …For Lauren and Lauren, posted a great look this week and a little story about “Dressing Your Age.” I loved it because I could SO identify with the plight of always looking young. I used to teach high school and I’d get asked for a hall pass all the time. Tragic. LINK.
- Katelyn James, my amazing wedding photographer, posted an engagement session earlier this week that I am in LOVE with. The woman has the most AMAZING Lilly Pulitzer dresses – I fell in LOVE with that session. If you love pretty pictures and some amazing Lilly dresses, you need to check it out. LINK.
- Elise, over at Among the Hills, posted a great entry this week about Learning to rest… Man, I needed that reminder. Sometimes we’re all go! go! go! and we never sit down to just REST. and breathe. LINK.
- Oh man! Yi-chia over at Always Maylee posted an ADORABLE look with a pink JCrew link necklace (that I have, too!) and a really sweet blue and green dress. I loved the pulled together, relaxed, chic look of it. LINK.
What did I miss? Any links or reads this week that you loved?
Now on to Molly’s Weekly Round Up:
still being [molly] posts:
rAVe [Publications] posts (aka: what i’m writing at work):
PHEW. Now, what are you up to this Memorial Day weekend??
xoxo, all for now.
BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | RSS
NETWORKED BLOGS | INSTAGRAM